Tuesday, March 23, 2010

MusiqTrend - One Year Anniverary!




















So it's been a year since I've started what we all have come to know as MusiqTrend. Um....okay a year since it was official. ( i used the .blogspot three week before i actually bought the domain)

I'd never thought it would evolve into this. Back when myspace was the ish, I used to post comments on my friends profiles w/ embedded video and the mediafire/zshare/ mp3 links. One day, my friend, we'll call him "Joel" suggested I start a blog. So I did.

I really didn't have expectations, nor did I have a clue on how or where to begin...




You see, I was a 23 year old student studying Economics and Accounting. I had no clue how to read/write html/css (nor do i know now haha) I've always had a passion for music. I used to be "the" dj for parties back in my high school days. Then right after I quickly tried to get into the whole club/promoting/daily nightlife scene. I realized it was not what I wanted.

Fast-forward to 09' I start Musiqtrend. Through 'Google' and their analytics I KNOW I have followers throughout the globe. I thank everyone of you for your support.

My unrealistic goals for Musiqtrend, is for it to get soooo popular that advertiser will pay me $10,000+ per ad, per month and then retire and or sell it to 'News Corp' or 'Viacom' or some media for $$$ and retire. hahah.

 Realistic goals: To continue doing this until it becomes a chore. Which I hope never happens.
Some changes I expect to have done sometime real soon are to upgrade the site. Priority is to move it from its host Blogger onto some other host where they can't touch it. Then, I plan to make the site itself more user friendly with 2.0 capabilities.  But for that, I need the pro's and for pro's I need some dough ($$$). Unless YOU are a pro that would want to help me out for little to no pay. (please, I'll hook it up some how ;) contact me)

Once that is implemented, I was thinking of having specific post on specific days. Along the lines of, 'Mash-up Mondays', 'Throw-back Tuesdays' etc, etc, etc.
Those are just a couple of ideas I had in mind....nothing concrete.

With that said, I leave you with a quick note I found. I don't remember where i read it, all I know is that as soon as I did I saved it and to this day its probably the best explanations on how I feel about music...

The next time you see me write this much will be for our 2nd anniversary. hahaha.
Thanks again,

-Jermaine

"House music is my girlfriend. i love her so much that when i think about her, i can feel it in my chest and my stomach. a lot of people dont understand her, but its just cause shes on another level. i also hang out a lot with her crazy exchange student friend named techno and other times, ill hang out with her hairdresser friend named electro. they are all really cool girls and they do their thing without caring what anyone else thinks of them. sometimes this slut named rock music rolls up too. she always throws herself at me but shes a little too self-centered and tacky for me to get with her. her friends are all weird too, but i figure its just a faze they're going through. to be honest, ive slept with rock music a few times, but its not like i was gonna marry her or anything. i was dating this girl named rap off and on since 86, but it got stale recently and we had a falling out. shes still my best friend though. i go to her whenever im upset or lose track of my goals. around the same time, i had a huge crush on this girl named dancehall but i dont think she ever took me seriously. when i was younger, i was with this girl named punk for a few years. shes a pretty unreasonable person and i guess we just grew apart. not many relationships started that young actually last forever, ya know? i see her around sometimes and its like i dont even recognize her. she wears more makeup now and she put on a lot of weight. the first girl i ever kissed back in elementary school was this girl named blues. i was really young, but i guess she became my type... cause every girl since has looked a little bit like her in some way." -Anonymous 


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. Congrats and keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh-snap! congrats buddy, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. latin media gurus in the house..good stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Click to listen to our Shuffler_button_big